Introduction to Speer Mechanical
Founded in 1927 and serving the Central Ohio area for more than 95 years, Speer Mechanical is the building owner’s and manager’s single source, full service mechanical contractor for reliable and efficient operation of commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings. Your locally preferred mechanical contractor, Speer Mechanical leads the market in offering an entire scope of mechanical contracting services for every stage of a building’s lifecycle—design, construction, energy, and service.
We pride ourselves on our quality of work, relationship-oriented service (both internal and external), and our commitment to create a work environment that fosters trust, encouragement, respect, and continuous improvement.
We could tell you things like historically we have had very low turnover. In addition, we have had multi generations of the same families work here many times (to the 3rd generations in a couple of occasions).
But this is why we think our employees WANT to work here, and why we are not your average employer:
- We are committed to introducing new people to the industry.
- We believe in the development of staff. We have a responsibility to provide training and staff development in both technical and interpersonal skills. But the employee also has a responsibility to ongoing learning, so we look for those kinds of people who understand this mutual responsibility.
- We are committed to promoting from within. All of our executive leadership team has been a long term, promoted Speer person. It has been a long time since we recruited a high-level manager.
- We work hard to live day by day to our core values.
- We do what is right, by our people, and by our customers.
- We are an employee-owned company. Our ESOP is one of the oldest and most established in central Ohio.
- We are committed to industry and community affairs. We believe that we have a responsibility to make our industry and community better, and our people are encouraged to be part of this, and they do participate.
- We set high standards of performance, but we also work to help people reach those standards.
- We are clearly perceived to be an industry leader.
Service Sales Representative
Engineer, design and sell HVAC, plumbing and controls related projects to our current customer base and prospective customers. Estimate, present and close new maintenance contracts within existing accounts, and manage existing maintenance contracts with existing customers.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly and come up with practical ideas for dealing with situations. People and problems must be handled with confidence and determination. The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle details. This job requires self-assurance and a competitive drive. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. This is both a task and relationship-focused job that encourages results-driven collaboration.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Bachelor’s degree (mechanical engineering) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Maintain existing customer account list including maintenance customers by ongoing contact with customers, responding to their needs and advising customer of ongoing system needs to improve system performance or reliability
- Engineer/design and sell HVAC projects including: refrigerant retrofits, unit replacements, D.D.C. control systems, mechanical system retrofits and maintenance agreements
- Prepare estimates in enterprise software and make presentations to customers on services to be provided
- Complete weekly status and call reports within CRM software
- Complete and submit weekly sales report within CRM software
- Review assigned accounts profitability and cost status for contract renewal and rate adjustments as necessary
- Participate in professional association(s) as selected by the company management
- Follow up on leads generated from others including field service technicians
- Seek cross-selling opportunities for other departments in the organization and coordinate as necessary with other departmental staff to close orders
- Communicate with customers to request payment and arrange payment plans for outstanding invoices
- Wage range based on qualifications & experience.
- Company provided cell phone
- Training and Development available
- Full time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Summary of Benefits
- Comprehensive health insurance – 100% of premium is funded by Speer provided the employee & spouse (if applicable) meet annual wellness initiatives. Note that this is fluid and may change in the future depending on changing health care regulations and structure.
- ESOP plan – retirement plan funded 100% by Speer, providing shares of Speer stock.
- 401K Plan allows for voluntary retirement contributions. Speer contribution is discretionary based on profitability.
- Health Reimbursement Account – Employee can earn Speer contribution to HRA account to provide cash to offset a portion of annual deductible upon meeting wellness initiatives.
- Flexible Spending Account – allows for voluntary pre-tax contributions to pay for IRS allowed medical and child care expenses.
- Life Insurance – 1x salary up to IRS maximum, premiums paid by Speer. Group rates are available for additional term insurance through payroll deductions.
- Dental insurance is available through group rates and payroll deductions.
- Tuition reimbursement provides 50% reimbursement for tuition to a university or community college for management approved courses and curriculum. Note that seminars and courses directed by management are paid by Speer.
Speer Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Speer Mechanical is a drug free workplace.
Speer Mechanical is dedicated to keeping our work family and community safe by adhering to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocol regarding Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19).