Founded in 1927 and serving the Central Ohio area for more than 95 years, Speer Mechanical is the building owner’s and manager’s single source, full service mechanical contractor for reliable and efficient operation of commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings. Your locally preferred mechanical contractor, Speer Mechanical leads the market in offering an entire scope of mechanical contracting services for every stage of a building’s lifecycle—design, construction, energy, and service.
We pride ourselves on our quality of work, relationship-oriented service (both internal and external), and our commitment to create a work environment that fosters trust, encouragement, respect, and continuous improvement.
We could tell you things like historically we have had very low turnover. In addition, we have had multi generations of the same families work here many times (to the 3rd generations in a couple of occasions).
But this is why we think our employees WANT to work here, and why we are not your average employer:
- We are committed to introducing new people to the industry.
- We believe in the development of staff. We have a responsibility to provide training and staff development in both technical and interpersonal skills. But the employee also has a responsibility to ongoing learning, so we look for those kinds of people who understand this mutual responsibility.
- We are committed to promoting from within. All of our executive leadership team has been a long term, promoted Speer person. It has been a long time since we recruited a high-level manager.
- We work hard to live day by day to our core values.
- We do what is right, by our people, and by our customers.
- We are an employee-owned company. Our ESOP is one of the oldest and most established in central Ohio.
- We are committed to industry and community affairs. We believe that we have a responsibility to make our industry and community better, and our people are encouraged to be part of this, and they do participate.
- We set high standards of performance, but we also work to help people reach those standards.
- We are clearly perceived to be an industry leader.
Speer Mechanical continuously searches for self-motivated, customer-focused individuals. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a company that rewards individuals who work hard, are innovative, and have initiative, please send your resume to:
5255 Sinclair Road
Columbus, OH 43229
Speer Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Speer Mechanical is a drug free workplace.
Speer Mechanical is dedicated to keeping our work family and community safe by adhering to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocol regarding Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19).
Account Manager; Wooster, OH
Engineer, design and sell HVAC, plumbing and controls related projects to our current customer base and prospective customers. Estimate, present and close new maintenance contracts within existing accounts, and manage existing maintenance contracts with existing customers.
Design Engineer; Columbus, OH
Engineer and design HVAC, plumbing, and controls related projects. Detail-oriented, analytical, quality focused, self-starter who is responsible to provide engineering support to the sales and operational staff as necessary to achieve sales and operational goals.
Project Manager; Columbus, OH
As a project manager, you will have the P/L responsibility for the projects you run. You will provide coordination of equipment, material, and subcontractor requirements. You will provide oversight to the project team, drafting and engineering personnel. Plan, assign, direct work with the project team and resolve obstacles. Establish and maintain relationship and ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
Assistant Project Manager; Columbus, OH
As an assistant project manager, you will provide coordination of equipment, material, and subcontractor requirements. You will provide oversight to the project team, drafting and engineering personnel. Plan, assign, direct work with the project ream and resolve obstacles. Establish and maintain relationship and ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
HVAC Technician; Columbus, OH and Wooster, OH
As an HVAC Service Technician, you will diagnose, repair, perform service and maintenance tasks on commercial HVAC and refrigeration equipment.