The health and wellness of our customers and our team remains our top priority. We are operating in a fluid situation, where we learn new information from our nation’s health experts on a daily and weekly basis. Be assured that we incorporate the best practices outlined by the CDC, WHO and the Ohio Department of Health in our operation.
For some, this period of social distancing is an opportunity to speed-up work, for others, it’s not. We can customize our service to meet whatever your needs are today and in the future.
1) Be assured that our staff is complying with the health and wellness guidance for essential workers, including:
- Daily temperature logging
- Wearing proper PPE
- Social distancing – keeping at least a six-foot separation
- Practicing good personal hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
- Do not share tools and disinfect tools after use
2) These are not normal times. The CDC has published a website with several recommendations and resources for dealing with the stress of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Take breaks – under normal conditions, we would interact with colleagues and give our mind a distraction. Today, we need to be more mindful to ensure that we’re taking these same pauses throughout the day.
- Take care of your body – take deep breaths, stretch, meditate (HeadSpace is a great app) and get plenty of sleep (naps of 20 minutes are proven to be highly restorative).
- Interact with friends and family. Face to face interaction through different apps or technology are essential!
If you have any questions or concerns about the safety of our job site contact your account representative or management team immediately.