- Client: Turner Construction Company
- Owner: Franklin County
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Engineer: Heapy and Dynamix
- Architect: Hellmuth, Obata, Kassabaum Inc. and Moody Nolan
- Mechanical Value: $17,000,000.00
- Project Type: Commercial – Plan/Spec
- Project Description: New construction, LEED and Green Seal, for this $140-million, 14-story, Hilton Hotel.
- Project Highlights: The Hilton hotel includes 532 guest rooms; 23,000 square feet of meeting space; 12,000 square foot ballroom; 160-seat restaurant and a 100-seat lounge.Speer Mechanical performed the fabrication and installation of the HVAC duct work, HVAC piping systems and the plumbing systems.The project was designed and modeled in REVIT. Speer Mechanical took the lead in the BIM coordination process, performed all clash detection in NavisWorks and chaired all coordination meetings.
The hotel is designed to attain both LEED and Green Seal Certifications from the U.S. Green Building Council.